at Destination: Deerfoot City
Guest Services – Seasonal
Deerfoot City is seeking outgoing and motivated individuals to join our team. This position is on a part-time basis beginning in mid-October and running until the end of the year. However, there will be additional opportunities into 2018 for the right candidates.
Guest Services primary responsibilities will be:
- Greeting guests around the site, including shifts outside.
- Providing event support, specifically as greeters, check-in, line management and guest relations during our holiday Christmas market and Santa photos.
- Conducting customer intercept surveys around the site, including outside
- May also assist with event set-up and strike
Guest Services members must be strong communicators, upbeat and responsible with the ability to initiate conversations and interact with all types of people.
• Flexible schedule (shifts will be during the week and on weekends), occasional work starting mid-October to late November. Fridays to Sundays from Nov 24 to Dec 24 as holiday market and Santa photo support (approx. 8 to 24 hours/week during holiday market).
• Ability to stand for long periods of time at indoor and outdoor events
• Able to work well without direct supervision
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Fun, energetic, open-minded and friendly personality
• Ability to be a team player and enjoy working in a team environment
• Past street team, guest services, hospitality or event experience an asset
• Interest in fashion or tourism an asset
• Familiarity with surrounding area (north Calgary) an asset.
This is an excellent opportunity for students as we are willing to accommodate to successful candidates schedules. All interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume firstname.lastname@example.org