Skate The Boulevard
November 28 - February 28
Grab your skates and join us for free outdoor skating on The Boulevard at Deerfoot City starting Nov 28! Stay and play by enjoying eats from your favourite Food Lodge vendors, hot chocolate under the patio lights or holiday shopping. Rink capacity is limited, reserve your skate time below. This synthetic skating rink surface is perfect for casual, family-friendly recreational skating and those who want to experience skating in a unique environment with beautiful streetscapes, plenty of food options, outdoor shopping and more entertainment nearby.
Monday – Tuesday | Closed
Wednesday | 2pm – 6pm
Thursday | 11am – 6pm
Fridays & Saturday | 11am – 7pm
Sundays & Holidays | 11am – 5pm
*Note: The synthetic ice conditions may vary depending on the weather. In extreme weather conditions, the skating rink may close without notice.
PLAN YOUR VISIT
- CLICK HERE To book your skating appointment
- Skating is done by appointment only as the rink capacity is limited.
- All skaters must check-in with Guest Services at the Guest Services Skate Shack on The Boulevard upon arrival.
- Guests will be required to complete a health screening and sign a safety waiver before skating.
- Skating time slots are 30 minutes long.
- Your skating group must be your household only.
- Please bring your own skates and protective equipment, as rentals will not be provided. Equipment is available to purchase at Canadian Tire on the South side of the Shopping Centre.
ABOUT SYNTHETIC ICE
Synthetic ice is a unique skating experience, wondering what to expect?
- Like real ice, synthetic ice can be impacted by it’s environment and conditions do vary
- Synthetic ice is specifically engineered to mimic natural ice. Inherent self-lubricating properties of this engineered synthetic resin provide a low-co-efficient of friction that allows ice skating
- You do have to push to get your stride you won’t be able to walk on and slide
- Works best with sharpened skates
- Great for beginner skaters and casual skating
RULES & regulations and health & safety measures
In order for all guests to have a good time and a safe time, please read through our rules, regulations, health and safety measures below.
- Helmets are mandatory for all skaters under the age of 18 and encouraged for other guests
- A health & safety waiver form must be signed at the Guest Services Skate Shack prior to entering the rink which includes health screening questions
- Please follow the directional skating arrows and practice physical distancing
- Guest capacity will be limited to allow for proper physical distancing
- All children must be accompanied by an adult
- No hockey sticks, sleds or chairs are permitted on the ice
- No food or drinks on the ice
- No shoes or boots on the ice
- Strollers are permitted so long as the child remains strapped in
- Masks or face coverings are required *see here for exceptions
- We kindly ask you stay home if you are feeling symptoms of Covid-19, have tested positive for Covid-19, have been exposed to anyone who has felt symptoms or tested positive for Covid-19, have travelled to or been exposed to anyone who has travelled out of the country within the past 14 days. We will be happy to welcome you when it is safe to do so.
In participating in Skate The Boulevard you acknowledge the following:
- Sufficient information has been provided by Deerfoot City with respect to Skate The Boulevard
- Rules & regulations established are designed for the safety and protection of participants, you have been made aware of them and undertake to abide by the rules & regulations.
- Certain risks of injury are inherent when participating in ice skating. These types of injuries may be minor or serious and may result from one’s actions or the actions or inaction of others, or a combination of both.
- The owners of Deerfoot City and Shape Property Management Corp. (together the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for any injuries or lost items resulting from your participation in this activity and in signing our waiver form on site you hereby release the Released Parties from any present or future claims that I or my successors may have, or any liability relating thereto, arising from my participation in the Skate The Boulevard event.
For assistance, call Security at 403.333.8274. In case of an emergency call 911.